Reviews of Durango Builder LeGrand Construction
Over the past two years, we have had the pleasure to work with Rick LeGrand on the construction of our new home north of Durango. As we were not currently living in Durango, we were concerned about the process and our ability to have input. Our concerns, were unfounded. Via email and phone calls, Rick made certain we were involved in the decision making throughout the process.Rick worked closely with our architect and the process was smooth and seamless. Rick was involved from the beginning of the design process and we greatly benefited from his prior experience relative to the position of the house on the lot for maximum privacy and views, selection of interior/exterior materials to be used (what works well at high altitudes) and with whom we could consult for special items such as solar panels.We were impressed with every subcontractor and member of his crew. All were polite, talented and respectful, when we happened to be onsite. It was obvious that they liked and respected Rick for the quality of house he has produced over the years and were appreciative of the opportunity to be involved in another LeGrand project. Now that our perfect “LeGrand” home in the mountains is complete, Rick continues to stop by whenever we happen to be in Durango and graciously accepts my list of “little” things to be addressed.
If we were to build a house again in the Durango area, without a doubt we would request the services of Rick LeGrand. He is simply the best! — Linda and Ron Wenger
After years of planning, we were finally ready to build our house in Durango, Colorado. We had received bids and visited work sites of five contractors. The price quoted by Rick LeGrand was not the highest nor was it the lowest in the group. His bid included upgraded items suggesting that quality construction was a priority.
Visiting Rick LeGrand’s projects revealed a contractor whose work demonstrated a high standard of craftsmanship and careful attention to detail. Some projects he showed us were far more ambitious and difficult than ours. This gave us confidence that Rick had a wide range of expertise to draw from acquired in his long career of building custom homes. Without hesitation, we hired LeGrand Construction.
As our home began to take shape we noticed several things about Rick:
– He preferred to work on a maximum of 3 houses at the same time allowing him to efficiently rotate his crew and give each project optimal attention.
– His crew and the tradesmen he hired were very good and they respected him.
– His suppliers respected him.
– He was not only honest in his dealings with us but also in his dealings with his sub-contractors and his employees.
– He was an excellent and imaginative problem solver.
– He was responsive to our suggestions and was willing to try new things.
– He was quiet and efficient and available.
– Because of his long history in this community he knew how to get things done.
– He was patient with all our questions.
At the end of the construction of our main house we asked Rick to be the contractor on a second project. Rick, with the same patience and imagination, is building our guesthouse and, again, it is a real pleasure to work with him. — Linda and Keith MacCannell
• Rick Legrand built our home in Rockridge in 1998. During that stressful time we felt lucky to have Rick building our home. Rick has a quiet confidence that speaks to his many years of home building. He is easy to talk to and does exactly what he says. He used only the best subs, and made necessary changes where the architect or engineer errored. He tries to incorporate eco-friendly building practices when practical, but is not obsessed with this. Rick managed to complete our 5000 sq ft house on time and on budget. It was a pleasure working with him. I would recommended Rick to anyone. — Michael Gruber MD
• Rick LeGrand of LeGrand Construction is truly the “Custom” builder of choice. He has selected some of the finest sub-contractors that work in concert with one another through all phases of the construction process. Rick is there for his customers throughout the project to offer not only his insistence on attention to detail, but also his unique gift for custom appointments. The result is a truly outstanding custom home. We are so proud of our home and have and will continue to recommend Rick of LeGrand Construction as one of Durango’s finest builders. — Travis and LaVerne Luz
• Rick Legrand constructed a home for me about ten years ago. The home has exceeded my expectations in terms of quality and workmanship. The project was completed on time and well within budget. Since that time, I have recommended Rick to several (5) of my friends. Without exception, they have been as well pleased as I. Rick’s integrity and personal qualities along with his construction expertise qualifies him for any residential project. — Coulam Monk